CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

What do YOU see?

Pete's taking an English Comp class at Northwest this semester. His first writing assignment was to describe a piece of art he found off the Internet. I just saw a girl.....

This is what Pete saw:
"There is a girl; strong, beautiful, determined. She sees everthing; she can see through you, read your soul, your thoughts. She sees the trees blowing like paper in the wind, the dog barking down the street at a local mailman, the sands of time falling through the hourglass. She can tell what you are going to say and what you are going to do. She knows everything about you.
She looks at you with intense passion, a longing to be with you. Some would make the mistake that she is mad. She has beautiful, strong eyes longing to catch a glimpse of your face. You feel a longing to be with her. An urge to hold her, to push back her hair and look straight into her eyes; eyes that trap you, hold you in a trance.
Her hair is blowing in the wind, only adding to her sense of strength. She stares undeterred at you, her hair in her face. Her lips are soft and delicate. Her teeth, pearly white, and when she smiles, your world becomes warmer.
She reminds me of my girlfriend. How she looks at me with caring, loving eyes. How she stays strong when the wind is trying to push her over the edge. How she can read my thoughts, and how she can see my soul. How you can't help but fall in love with her beauty, her deep eyes, her sense of strength and determination."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pete's whipped! Jeez! He is IN LOVE! Better make sure you guys follow through with the guard rails during the "Prom at the Beach".
Love you all! Laura

Leighboe said...

LOL Funny you should say that. Last week a teacher stopped him in the hall and said, "Pete, I do believe I'm looking at a changed man!" To which Pete replied, "Mr. Freeman, are you implying that I'm whipped?!" :0

Anonymous said...

Philip sees "a girl with one eye and big lips...hmmmm...BIG LIPS!"

The Ferrill's said...

Great writing, is that what love does to you? ;)
Leigh, I cannot BELIEVE you have not checked my blog...you have GOT to go see what we named Candace! Of ALL people, YOU have not seen it! GO!

mabrynelson said...

AND YOU need to change my age to 19 on your little about me section, MOTHER!! it's been like4 months, dude!