CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

El Stupido!


(Pronounced Ale-Stupid-O)
Mabry has started using the term "El Stupido" in the most hick accent possible. She says it anytime she thinks someone has done something...well...stupid. She most recently used it on ME this week, when she was giving me my overall GPA from college over the phone (ok, she had me on that one!).
This weekend we have Mabry Emily, Elizabeth, Joseph and Joel staying with us. Emily and Elizabeth are my "adopted" daughters who moved in with us over the summer. The boys got here around 10 last night, and shortly after their arrival Emily showed up with about 18 other folks (Ok, maybe not 18, but surely it was somewhere in the vicinity). They celebrated Joseph's birthday with a Walmart pizza (for those of you who don't know, Walmart makes a KILLER pizza!) and cake. Um, yeah...the pizza was great but the cake might not have been the best idea.
You get a bunch of folks aged 19-26 together, and they get ideas. The food-fight scene from "Animal House" comes to mind when I think of what went on in my kitchen last night! I walked up behind Mabry and noticed she had a little icing on her cheek, so I scraped it off and tasted it. Liz thought that was really funny, so she took a little more icing off the cake and tried to smear it on Mabry's face. Mabry saw it coming and headed her off at the pass, by dipping her hand INTO the cake and smearing it on Liz's face. Liz then grabbed a bit of cake and smeared it into Mabry's face and hair. Mayhem ensued. I made the mistake of laughing at them, and Mabry decided to thank me by trying to hug me...really close, wiping her face all over my face & hair! What she didn't realize was that I was in the kitchen for a reason; I'd just gone in to refill my ice water. :) Not one to just idly stand by and let her smear icing all me, I took advantage of her proximity and dumped my entire cup of ice water over her head! It was then that I was able to look at her and say, "Ale Stupid-O!"

1 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

Leigh I love the color of your kitchen...
only now I bet it is dotted with cake! ;)
What fun! I would love to meet the new members of the family! ;)