CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mom to the rescue!

Tonight Patrick and I were in the bedroom when we heard Mabry yell, "Get vertical!" Remembering that Pete's girlfriend Cat was here, we knew she was yelling to them, so I came out to see what was up. When Liz saw me, she said, "Mom, go in there and tell Pete and Cat to get vertical!" Liz absolutely LOVES to see the brothers get into trouble, so she was a little disappointed when I turned in the opposite direction and walked out of the room. But her eyes lit up when I returned to the kitchen, carrying a Super Soaker.
After filling it up, I walked into the media room where Pete and Cat were, with Mabry and her entourage following closely on my heels. The lights were off, and though Pete and Cat weren't doing anything, they WERE laying down on the couch watching tv. So I started spraying and yelling at once, "You heathen hussey, are you attacking my son AGAIN?! Get off him! Get off my baby!" There was a scramble of arms and legs tangling all around each other as each tried to hide behind the other to get away from the water! I'm proud to say I saved Pete, but for some reason he wasn't very thankful! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're hilarious, Leigh! I LOVE how you make everything so fun for your family (of course, I'm sure there have been some grievous times, as well). Thanks for the laugh! We all love checking in to see what you all are up to. Talk to you soon!

The Ferrill's said...

A super soaker? Great idea!