CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sparkpeople

Anybody heard of it? I'm crediting http://www.sparkpeople.com with my latest weight-loss success. Yeah, I'm working on it, too. I try to get to the gym around 4:20 a.m. Monday through Friday. But Sparkpeople is what keeps me on track. I tell it my current weight and my weight-loss goal, and it tells me how many calories I need to consume each day to meet my goal. If I eat too few calories, my body tends to hang onto what I've eaten. If I eat to many, my body tends to hang on to what I've eaten!!! But I've found that if I stay within the range that Sparkpeople gives me, I lose weight. How cool is that?! All I have to do is enter everything I've eaten each day, and it calculates the calories/fat/carbs/protien for me. My favorite part of the day is to put in my dinner information; that tells me if I can have dessert!!! :)
I haven't told my mom yet, but I'm almost the same size I was when I got married! (It's safe to say that here 'cause she doesn't read my blog!). I put on my wedding dress today and I lack about 2" of getting it zipped up my back. LOL. Yeah, 2" is quite a bit, but I at least got it zipped up a little past my waist!!! For the first time in a long time, I'm feeling hopeful!
If anyone reading this belongs to Sparkpeople, look me up. I'm Leighboe (SURPRISE!!!!!). I also keep a blog on there to track my progress. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Leigh - I think it's SO great that you are back on track with your weightloss, and you are doing an amazing job! I'm so impressed that you drink the homemade veggie drinks, and go to the gym everyday! (and no, I'm not being sarcastic!). I always wanted to be the biggest loser, but I'm going to have to get busy to beat you ;-) Love you, and thanks for sharing. I'm scared that if I typed in Sparkpeople, it would tell me that I couldn't eat for the next 3 days! LOL!

Amie said...

WOW- I have never heard of this.. Thanks for posting.. I think I will go sign up. It sounds perfect. I will look you up if I make it there... :)


:)
Amie