CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Tough Love


Last night I was sitting in the living room, minding my own business, when I suddenly hear my name called. "Leigh!" I still myself to listen, because the sound was so faint. "Leigh!" Louder this time. I get up, thinking the sound was coming from the kitchen. When I got to the kitchen, I didn't hear anything, so I looked around and suddenly it hit me: the Oreos were missing and they were calling my name so I could find them and put them back where they belong!
About that time, Mabry came in. "Have you seen the Oreos?" I ask innocently.
"No ma'am, but you don't need them anyway," she replied in a snitty little voice.
I gently and calmly explained to her that I didn't want to eat them, that I just wanted to find them to put them where they belong. After all, THEY were calling ME, not the other way around!
So I walked into the media room to ask Ryan and his GF if they'd seen them. "No ma'am," came the reply. I looked around the media room, Mabry standing guard next to me, and thought, "No wonder you haven't seen them. You couldn't find an elephant in this room!" About that time, though, I spied them. THe world seemed to come to a stop as I looked at them across the room. They were on the window seat, and they were by now jumping up and down and waving their arms saying "Here we are! Come save us!" Unbeknownst to me, Mabry had followed my gaze and she saw them, too. In tandem we made a mad dash to the other side of the room. I dove first, desperate to save the Oreos from her crushing grasp! I missed, and when Mabry dove she landed on top of me. Now we were struggling to reach the Oreos, tugging on arms, pushing, shoving, while Ryan and his GF looked on in confusion and disbelief. It wasn't until Mabry started screaming "INTERVENTION! INTERVENTION!" that Ryan caught on to what she was doing and joined in the fight!
An overweight 43 year old is no match for 2 determined teens. Alas, I lost the fight and have yet to find the Oreos!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're hilarious, Leigh! I found something for you at 6 flags and have sent it your way! Did you read Mom's comment on your blog? She DOES read it! Next time the OREOS are calling for you, remember how much exercise you have to do to get rid of them! Love you!

mabrynelson said...

and you never WILL find the Oreos if I have anything to do with it!!! MWA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

The Ferrill's said...

Oh I can so picture that scuffle! HILARIOUS!
I'd fight for Oreos too. They are so worth defending to the bitter end! ;)

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm so glad your "team" saved you from those wicked old Oreos! I'll bet if you ate just one for breakfast, you'd find they're not as good as they used to be! I've lost three pounds this week by eating my carbs in the morning and mostly protein in the evenings. And only 1-100 bag of popcorn after 5 pm. I've now reached the weight I promised myself I'd start exercising. Ugh!