CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Spiderman! Spiderman!

We spent the afternoon at Mabry's dance recital and it was a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon. She was in 3 performances; beginning, middle and end. I think her group was the only one aware of what they were doing; the rest of them kept looking off stage to see what move they were supposed to make next! It was cute, though, especially those 2 year olds!!!

I'm truly so inspired by Mabry! The fact that she's almost 19 and plus-sized didn't stop her from doing what she loves. She decided last year that she wanted to dance for exercise, so she signed up (her signature, my money!). She's loved every minute of it, never once seeming to question what she was doing. She got up there today and made us so proud! In fact, it was amazing how many people went up to her afterwards to say what a great dancer she is, and what a wonderful inspiration she is for plus-sized people! One woman even said she kept time better and had more rhythm than anyone else on the stage, and she was dancing with some girls who'd been dancing for 6 and 8 years!! Of course, we agree with their assessment!

Anyway, here's a video of her favorite performance...I hope it works!


And because I really like the Batman dance, I'm putting it on here, too. Unfortunately my SD card ran out of memory and cut the end of the dance off!

1 comments:

Peacebug and The Boss said...

Except for the fact she's tall, Mabry reminds me of me at her age. Go Mabry!