CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mabry!!!

Oh, my goodness, my little girl is 19 years old today! Acutally, right now she's 19 years and 35 minutes old! I remember calling Mom right after I had her; I was holding Mabry and she was screaming so loudly Mom finally said, "What's wrong with her!? Make it stop!" In her short time at the hospital, she became known as The Screamer. The nurse who helped deliver her was looking for our room the day after she was born, and she said she literally just followed the sound of the screams to our room!
Today, Mabry still has that same blood-curdling scream. Only now it's usually aimed at her brothers!
Smart, funny, beautiful, joyful, spirit-filled. That's my Mabes!!!

On another curious note: on this joyous occasion of her 19th birthday, I realize I've finally lost all my baby weight! That's not to say I'm thin by any means. I was fat when I got pregnant with her. But now I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight, which is way better than post! And it only took 19 years!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! 19 years ! I didn't remember that Mabry was the screamer. I just remember that she was so darn stinking cute! (yes, you still are cute Mabry, but now you know how to aggravate!) Love to all!

mabrynelson said...

thank you thank you thank you. when Aunt Laine and I looked yesterday you still hadn't posted anything about my birthday... i thought I had been forgotten!

that's why you can't hear that ANNOYING thing daddy plays to make me mad--because you lost 50% of your hearing when I was born. Blame it on me.

i'll scream at you.

The Ferrill's said...

We feel so special that we got to spend her birthday with her! She made our beach trip SO MUCH FUN! We miss you Mabes!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful talented and sweet daughter with us Leigh!
Oh and congratulations on your weight loss...that is AWESOME and I know you have worked SO hard! Can't wait to see your skinny self!

Amie said...

I found your blog through Laines- and first I want to say, THANK YOU for yoru post to annonymous. For so many reasons. For defending a dear friend and for making me pee my pants I was laughing so hard. You are a riot.

Happy Birthday to your baby!!!

And congrats on losing your baby weight!!! I am holding on to some from my last bio baby, 4 years ago.. then add 2 adoptions in there, and the waiting game for one more... I'm watcha call a stress eater... Is it wrong to want to break out the maternity pants again? I 'm just sayin'.

Thanks for making me smile.. and I hope your "baby" had an awesome birthday!

:)
Amie