CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Perfect Gift!


I got a surprise package in the mail from my sister, Laura, this week. I remembered that she said she'd picked something up for me at 6 Flags and that she was mailing it to me, but I just kind of forgot about it. After all, Laura is a Harris girl, which means I might get it around Thanksgiving!

Inside the package was this terrific cape! Included with the cape was a cute card that said she considered me Wonder Woman for my efforts towards a healthier lifestyle. How sweet was that?!

But what was even more significant, and Laura has NO idea, is what the cape truly represents to me. Since October of last year, I've been calling myself Super Turtle. Slow and steady truly does win the race. I'm making changes, some big & some small, but I'm doing it slowly and over time. My avatar on Sparkpeople and the Dave Ramsey board is a turtle,and I've even got him as my screen saver. He reminds me that even when I slip and a whole sleeve of Girl Scout Thin Mints lands in my mouth, I'm still ok. I don't FAIL just because I FELL!



Super Turtle needed a cape so badly, and now he has one! I even threatened to put it on and walk around the neighborhood, but the boys wouldn't let me out of the house and I HAD to go for my walk! Laura, thanks so much for giving my turtle a cape!!!

0 comments: