CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Army of TWO!


I just keep thinking back to our days in college 23 years ago....sitting on the couch in the Student Union, watching tv, Patrick so handsome in his military school uniform. Talking, joking, not really thinking about what the future held. I was there to pin the bars on him when he got his commission, and by that time there was talk of a possible future between us. Still, I never would've guessed then that 23 years later, I'd be watching him swear our 17 year old son into the Army. Wow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look absolutely MAHVELOUS, Leigh! I'm so proud of you for your life change. Love you all,

Leighboe said...

LOL! That's SO Funny, Laura. I cropped the pic 'cause I looked pregnant! :)*

The Ferrill's said...

I have to say I called in all the kiddos and said "LOOK AT AUNT LEIGH!" Colby said, "Is she BLONDE?" Katie Lyn said, "Her hair is LONG!" Carlie said, "Is that MABRY'S mom?" and Clay said, "Her hair is CURLY!"
You look fab Leigh!
And that is way cool that Pat got to swear Pete into the Army! How awesome!
And as for the post below, you're definitely doing the right thing by teaching your children NOW about budgeting! PUH-LEASE! Do you even have to ask? Teaching them not to rely on instant gratification (which is what this world is ALL ABOUT) is a GOOD thing! You are teaching them to honor God with their money, and not honor just themselves. Good for you.

Anonymous said...

This is about Pete, but yes, Leigh sure does look good! Best wishes to Pete in his Army career. It warms my heart to see a young man dedicated to serve his country.