CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wow! All this.....?


Just for signing Pete up in the Army, they gave Patrick and I each 2 pens, a lanyard, and a lapel pin! Holy cow, if I'd known we could get all that, we'd have signed him up months ago! :)*
Actually, I kinda wanted to cry as I signed my name on the dotted line. I know in my heart it's what Pete wants. He wanted to sign on his 17th birthday, then postponed it to think it over. He needed to know it's what HE wanted, not what he thought his dad or I wanted. He's comfortable with his decision, and even seems excited about it. He'll get picked up after school on Monday and driven to somewhere in Millington, TN, where he'll spend the night and undergo a physical (lol...wonder if Patrick's talked to him about turning his head and coughing!), do more testing and paperwork, then get sworn in on Tuesday afternoon. We'll be there, and will post more afterwards. I'm getting teary-eyed just thinking about it! (sigh) I suppose if I start to get really sad I can just read the post below this one! :)

3 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

I'm so proud of him, Leigh! YAY PETE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's great news, and I'm sure you and Patrick are sorta proud!

Leighboe said...

LOL Yeah, we're sorta proud! I suppose I coulda put a different spin on this. Since he sorta keeps breaking stuff we sorta signed him over to the Army! ;)