CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 22, 2009

Where to start?





This was quite an exciting week around here, not to mention somewhat busy. Monday night was graduation at the kids' old school, Marshall Academy in Holly Springs. We went to see old friends and had a great time catching up with folks over there (though most didn't recognize me!).
On the way over there we found out that Mom was coming to our house the next day for Pete's graduation. Oh, boy....as she talked, I just kept picturing my house in my head. Or more to the point, I kept picturing the MESS in my house! I knew there was no way to get it looking decent before she got here (Patrick and I had to work Tuesday, leaving the kids home alone to "clean". Since I never really taught them, I knew we were sunk!). But we were so blessed to have her here and really enjoyed the quick visit. She got here Tuesday evening around 5, we left for Pete's graduation at 6:30, then dinner, then home to bed. Mom was gone by 7:45 Wed. morning.
I was reffing the water-balloon volleyball game, standing a safe 5 feet from the jello pool, when I caught a flash out of the corner of my eye. Next thing I knew I was flying through the air in Eric's arms, right into the pool! I had no time to brace myself so there was very little damage done (Patrick's first question was whether I "popped" anything!). Thus my first foray into the jello-wrestling, and it's awesome! In fact, if it didn't need to be an outdoor sport, I'd bring all the stuff to my sister Leslie's house and we'd do it for a new Thanksgiving activity! OMG the kids would have a BLAST (so would the adults!).
At some point during the party my neighbor Eric decided it was time for Ryan to have a haircut. So he recruited one of the kids' friends to help, and they duct taped him TIGHT to minimize the fight. Then Eric carried him outside to a chair and duct taped him to that, also. Then he whipped out the clippers and began to shave Ryan's head! I gotta give it Ryan.....he took it like a man! :)
The week's over now and all we have to do is clean up from the party....still. I picked up tons of stuff tonight, but we still have 50 gallons of Jello to dispose of!! That stuff is STILL the same consistency it was Wednesday night, so I had to call to find out how to get rid of it. That's probably something I should've considered before I bought it, huh?
Oh yeah, also on the agenda this weekend (besides disposing of the Jello) is cleaning the hot tub. Funny (or NOT) how that jello just clings to EVERY inch of you, even fully clothed! Put 6 or 7 teens in a hot tub after they've been wrestling, and well...it ain't pretty! I think there's probably a brownie or 2 floating around in there, as well. I know it's brownie, because I witnessed the act myself. Christy threw the brownie to Pete, who dropped it in the hot tub. When he said, "Where'd it go?" someone else said, "There it is!" and everyone else yelled, That's not a brownie!!!" Teens are so much fun!

2 comments:

Peacebug and The Boss said...

OMG he looks JUST like Major Nelson!

Anonymous said...

You are the coolest Mom ever!!!

Mona
swayze3 at MTMMO