CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ryan!


For some reason we celebrated his birthday twice...I guess it's 'cause he's twice as special. Or as Mabry would say,he's 2-handed special! The night of his birthday, Patrick and I took Ryan to Windy City Grille. Since it was only the 3 of us (Mabry & Pete were otherwise occupied), it wasn't quite as lively. So we decided to try it again last night at Outback Steak House. YUMMMY!!!! We asked the balloon-lady to make him something special for his birthday, so she made him a lady-viking hat and sang happy birthday to him! LOL
How do these things go so fast?! The night before his birthday, I just kept remembering how short & fat he was when we brought him home from the hospital. At just under 9 pounds and only 18" long, he looked like a Butterball! I should've had my first clue he'd be tall when at his one week checkup he'd grown to 21"! Now the boy's 6'4" and looks like a string-bean!
He'll go to get his permit next week; he hasn't studied for it yet so didn't feel ready for it on his birthday. The boy had BETTER hurry up with it, though. In MS you can drive w/out an adult at 15 & 1/2, and by then all my other drivers will be out of the house. As it stands now, I'm gonna have to do my own grocery shoppping for 4 months!!! :O