CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Graduation Party: Take One





I should have known. Nothing much else was going right so far: I'd paid $33 for express shipping from Oriental Trading only to provide them with the WRONG address (correct home street address, but with my work city/state!)I discovered my mistake Friday evening and was told (praise God!) that the box was in Batesville and I could go pick it up. That was 6:30 Friday, Batesville's 20 minutes away, and the FedEx closes at 7pm. I was up to my elbows in hamburger meat (making patties for burgers), so I yelled to Pete to finish the burgers as I ran out the door. Crisis averted! Got all the buckets filled Friday night for his party on Saturday. We're SET!
Saturday morning we're awoken by loud thunderstorms and rain beating against the windows. No sweat, I thought; party's at 5 so surely it'll clear up. And it did....right up 'til 4 pm, AFTER we'd set evertyhing up for the party (luckily not the jello yet). Promptly at 4 the bottom fell out of the sky and thunder & lightening came quickly & fiercely. It rained for hours! No way could we have had to games we'd planned on, so we moved on to Plan B. Everyone still showed up, so we projected movies onto the wall. They ate hotdogs (thanks, Patrick, for grilling them in the rain!), chips, about a million canned drinks, and cake. The music was so loud, and there really was no room in here for adults. So we (7 adults) did the practical thing: we took all the alcohol next door to Angie's house and sat on her (covered) pack patio, leaving our house to the kids! :)
When we came back they were playing a game they made up that involved lots of leis and the ceiling fan!
Later this week we're going to do it all again. We've still got plenty of food & drinks, so we're just gonna pick a sunny day, call all our friends, and have another party!

0 comments: