CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Gatlinburg, Here I Come!!!!

Many of you know I belong to a group of Dave Ramsey followers on The Total Money Makeover site. I've been a member for several years, and throughout those years have come to consider several of those people friends. I've only ever met 3 in real life. It took some getting used to, meeting people for the first time. It actually felt kind of dirty the first time we did it....seedy, you might say. Previously the only time I'd ever heard of folks meeting other folks over the Internet, it was to "hook up" for some naughty fun, so I had to get over that perception. I'm happy to say I'm over it, and next week I'm meeting a group of about 14 women for a LONG weekend in Gatlinburg. Actually, 2 of the women will come in Tuesday night (one from Colorado and one from Arkansas) and spend the night with me before we make the drive together into Tennessee. We'll make a stop in Knoxville to pick up another woman flying in from Texas. Another hour more should see us in the mountains at the cabin that sleeps 22.
I can't tell you how excited I am to finally meet these women. We've known each other for years in some cases, and we're finally meeting next week. Oh, what fun it'll be! I'm not even apprehensive in the least, which is a bit surprising! I'll be sure to post pics and stories as soon as we get back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good time! You all have fun, and don't go over budget -teehee!

The Ferrill's said...

I know yall must be having the time of your lives!!!!!!!!!!
Rob and I just had a mandatory budget meeting tonight...it had been WAY too long!!!!!!!