CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Well....at least Pete wasn't involved this time!


Mabry came by the house today to clean our bathroom. No, not because she's altruistic, but because I bought her a $20 lunch last weekend when she went out with her friends! Anyway, so she came over to clean (and did a pretty great job!), then she called me. I could barely understand her because she was laughing so hard. Or was she crying? I couldn't exactly tell. The conversation went something like this:
"Mom, Ryan's bleeding all over the place. His nose is bleeding and making a huge mess. Ryan, I hope you know you're cleaning up that mess! That's just gross!"
"Mabry, what happened?" I asked calmly.
"Well, ya see, I wanted a piggy back ride but Ryan's too tall and I couldn't jump that high so I stood on top of the fireplace only I forgot to ask him if he was ready and when I jumped he wasn't ready so he fell forward with me on top of him and landed face first on the floor. Eeewww, Ryan, that's just gross! Go bleed somewhere else!"
(sigh)
So I got Pete on the phone, the only one who seemed to be able to communicate calmly. Of course, most everything Pete does is calm, minus the time he caught his car on fire. "Pete, what's it look like?"
"Uhhh...." (Oh Lord, give me patience!) "Well, uhhh, it's pretty swollen and it's already starting to bruise. It's still bleeeding bad. I think it's broke."
Yep, this is my life. Kinda funny thinking about it, but I have a feeling tomorrow's gonna have Ryan waking up with at least 1 black eye! The picture doesn't really do it justice; it's really swollen and bruised! We don't think it's broken, but even if it is there's nothing that can be done. He sounds a little funny, though...kinda like Rudolph when he had that mud on his nose! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Ryan! Maybe he can try out for a Christmas play? Hope he's recovering nicely. If I buy Mabry a $20 lunch, will she come clean for me? Looking forward to seeing you all NEXT THURSDAY!

mabrynelson said...

i told him i would buy him a new one for Christmas!! is it bad that i'm still laughing about it?