CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 25, 2008

So sad....

Last night we went out for a family dinner and had the BEST time! We all sat around talking, joking, teasing, laughing, and we stayed until they were ready to kick us out! We haven't been together like that in a long time; too long! We get so bogged down with extra jobs (Patrick), theatre (Mabry), work/band/soccer (Pete) and band (Ryan), that there's rarely a time when we can all get together anymore. Somedays I only see Pete in the early morning before school, and sometimes days go by without seeing Mabry. Our schedules just don't allow for much family time anymore. That's just sad.
So....I'm going to change that. I've decided that come whatever, we will eat out as a family at least twice a month. We will make it a priority! I consider this another step on the path to getting vertical.
I'm so glad I've decided to start paying attention...it's amazing how much fun you can have!

4 comments:

mabrynelson said...

Last night was a lot of fun, wasn't it? Sometimes i realy think I miss you guys but then we have nights like last night...

and I know i really miss you guys!

Mabry!!! I'm here
PETE!!! I DIDN"T DO IT!!!!

Mine's bigger
yeah by this much

MOMMY ADDED!!!! We're so proud of you, mom.

I'm the green fairy!!

Let's do it again.. soon.... i enjoyed it a lot.

mabrynelson said...

by the way, quit being "so sad"

LAUGH!!!


you'll lower your blood pressure

The Ferrill's said...

Yall crack me up!
Glad yall had some fun family time! We need to go on another camping trip!
I loved your 'challenges' post Leigh! I agree with Laura, I think you and Pat are doing a GREAT job! And your kiddos are FABULOUS!
Man, if I did a 'challenges' post on each of my kiddos, I'd be bloggin' into next WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cherish your times together, kids are too soon gone their own way. Which since you have raised them to be independent - is what they should do. But you do miss them. Sooooo..... enjoy while you can!