CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RYAN!!!







Wow! My baby is 14 years old today! How'd that happen?! I thought surely if we didn't kill him, Mabry or Pete would! :)* But this cute little guy, horribly spoiled by his Granny (Patrick's mom), has slowly grown out of (most) of his spoildness and is turning into a fine young man. Thank you, God!
Ryan is one who clearly understands about short-term sacrifices for long-term gains. Last night we wickedly told him that he could either have money for his birthday or take his girlfriend with us to dinner tonight, but he couldn't have both. The look on his face was priceless! You could see the wheels turning as he talked it out, "Ok, if I take the money, Shelby'll be really mad. But if I take Shelby, I won't have the money to take her out a few times later on. One date with Shelby? Or a few dates with Shelby? (sigh) I'm gonna take the money!" LOL! Of course, we then let him off the hook; there's no way we'd NOT let Shelby go out with us tonight!
4 years ago Patrick had the upper hand.....
Now the tables have clearly turned! Ryan is an even 6'2"!!!

5 comments:

mabrynelson said...

i love it, mom!!! It's funny how short daddy is. Good grief! He's so short! I'm glad I'm not that short. :)

0h, by the way, when June 5th rolls around, no baby pics, k? unless I approve of them. deal? good. :)

Leighboe said...

What's June 5th? :)*

mabrynelson said...

you booger.

The Ferrill's said...

Yall crack me up!
Happy late birthday Ryan! I cannot BELIEVE what a difference four years makes! AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I can't stand it - I have to comment, although I PROMISE not to post 3 times if I can help it.
First of all, I can't believe that Mrs. Beasley is 14 years old, and that I missed his birthday (except I miss everyone's birthdays b/c I don't look at my calendar).
Secondly, is he going to be in 9th grade next year? Man! He's tall! I thought boys were not supposed to have their growth spurts until 10th or 11th grade.
Thirdly, I'm sure I'll miss your birthday, too, Mabry, on June 5th, although I seem to remember a very cute pic of you getting your 1st kiss - I'll have to find it and scan it for your post.
That's enough - not 3 posts, but 3 paragraphs, at least. Take care! 15 more days.....