CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Latest (and best so far)

"Dear Mom & Dad,
We qualified with our M16s yesterdsay. Really, it was pre-qual, but they wanted to save time on Saturday (The actual qual day) and so they said if you shoot sharpshooter or expert, you don't have to come out to the range to qulaifty on Saturday.
Anyways, I'd been knocking down targets left and right throughout the week. As someone who has never shot a rifle before, I was getting a little cocky. The DSs and the company commander kept telling me that I was a great shot and to keep up my confidence. They did NOT tell me to get overconfident.
I made a bet with my buddy where the lowest score would take the higher's fireguard shift for the night. Fireguard is where 2 people stay up and keep account of where the other soldiers are at night, and each hour, 2 more people rotate.
I shot 32 otu of 40. Not bad, but not expert. I guess I could live with Sharpshooter, but I find my buddy and he shot 34. Oh great!! Now I get to do another fireguard shift next time he has one.
I'm getting to understand the Army more and more. We stand around and wait for hours to shoot for a few minutes. We were supposed to have an inspection of our bay today, so for the past few days we've cleaned like crazy, only to find out that plans changed and it's now a surprise.
I can't really tell if I'm at Basic or not. Tomorrow (Saturday) we get a pizza party and next Friday we're gong to a high school football game. That doesn't sound like Basic to me! Then again, I remember that we have a 5 or 6 mile road march on Monday with about 45 pound on my back. oh joy!
We took a PT test today. I passed my pushups and only missed my situps by about 5 or 6. We didn't run today because it was lightning.
Oh, and what's up with Michael Jackson's case? I saw they considered it homicide? What is wrong with them?! I saw he had drugs in his room? That's a bunch of bull!
Well, I've got to get to bed. I'm not feeling well and I'm getting hoemesick. Pnneumonia is going around, too.
5 more Sundays :)
WIth love, PFC Peter Nelso

PS I've been in the infirmary with 102 fever the past few days. I feel better now.

1 comments:

Peacebug and The Boss said...

Such a funny, wonderful son you have!!!